Our friends at Globe have announced the upcoming release of 2 limited edition boxsets; the Pantone Color of the Year™ series.
Known as the global authority for colour communication and inspiration since 1963, Pantone’s Color of the Year has influenced product development and purchasing decisions across fashion and furnishings for more than 20 years, as well as product, packaging, and graphic design.
In brief, if colour is a language, Pantone is the dictionary.
In tribute, Globe are offering fellow design and colour enthusiasts the ability to skate or collect a piece of colour trend history.
For this limited edition series, each color was thoughtfully considered and selected by the design team at Globe from the Pantone Color of the Year archives. Each deck is a numbered edition of 200, dipped in one of the Pantone Colours of the Year from the past two decades.
For a chance to win the 1st box set, 2011-2020, comprised of 5 individual decks, head over to our Instagram page now.
All decks are;
- 8.25” wide x 32” tall
- Made from Canadian maple
- Paint dipped in the official Pantone Color of the Year
- Engraved with Color name and Pantone number
- Laser-etched with color story and official collaboration information, including limited-edition individualized numbering on each top
The 1st box set, 2011 – 2020, features a vivid color palette comprised of these 5 individual decks;
- 2020 Classic Blue PANTONE 19-4052
- 2019 Living Coral PANTONE 16-1546
- 2018 Ultra Violet PANTONE 18-3838
- 2017 Greenery PANTONE 15-0343
- 2012 Tangerine Tango PANTONE 17-1463
The 2nd box set, 2000 – 2010, will be available from November 6th and features a warm muted tone palette comprised of these 5 individual decks;
- 2010 Turquoise PANTONE 15-5519
- 2009 Mimosa PANTONE 14-0848
- 2006 Sand Dollar PANTONE 13-1106
- 2002 True Red PANTONE 19-1664
- 2000 Cerulean Blue PANTONE 15-4020