photo: Robin Pailler
Since many of us in Europe are beginning lockdown the sequel. We figured it was probably time to reignite our beloved Film Club.
For our 20th entry we managed to hassle the ever-so nonchalant Karina Rozunko, into submitting a list of films she loves.
Currently out in Australia, Rini admitted she’s too lazy to write a paragraph on each choice. And to be honest, we’re just grateful she sent a list through – we’ve been asking ever since we hung out drinking beers on the North Shore 11 months ago.
So without ado, a list of movies to quell those lockdown anxieties, courtesy of San Clemente’s finest.
1) Me Myself and Irene, Bobby Farrelly, Peter Farrelly, 2000
2) Memento, Christopher Nolan, 2000
3) Shutter island, Martin Scorsese, 2010
4) Spirited Away, Hayao Miyazaki, 2001
5) Clueless, Amy Heckerling, 1995
6) Hard Candy, David Slade, 2005
7) Cry-Baby, John Waters, 1990
8) Billy Madison, Tamra Davis, 1995
*Twin Peaks, Mark Frost, David Lynch, 1990-91, 2017